When was the last time you got your carpets cleaned? Do you still have those dirty carpets with pet paw prints and stains? The answers to these questions are mandatory as carpet cleaning is a serious issue! Not cleaning the carpets regularly will not only affect your home or business’ reputation but will also invite several health problems. Given below are the other reasons that will convince you to make carpet cleaning a regular practice.
Why Cleaning Carpets Is So Essential?
Cleaning carpets now and then is paramount to keep your assets in their best look possible. Besides this, they require cleaning because:
- To Ward Off Bacteria: Frequent carpet cleaning will prevent bacteria, dust, and allergens to accumulate on the carpets. This will decrease the risk of various health problems like allergies, infections, asthma, etc.
- To Improve Air Flow: Maintaining indoor air quality is a must if you want to breathe clean air. This can only be achieved through frequent cleaning with the help of a good carpet cleaner.
- To Eliminate Spots/Stains: Carpets especially light-colored ones look unpleasant if they are stained. This is where cleaning them becomes paramount.
- To Prolong Their Life: If you are practicing regular cleaning using the right techniques, rest assured that your precious flooring investment stays protected for longer.
- For Easy Maintenance: Consistent carpet cleaning will offer you the ease of maintaining your luxurious item.
- To Improve Aesthetic Appeal: Want to improve the aesthetic appeal of your place? Then you need to have clean carpets all year round!
Carpet Cleaning And Maintenance Tips
If you are cleaning and maintaining your carpets in the right way, you are sure to retain them for longer. Follow these tips for effective cleaning and maintenance:
- Remove your footwear before you attempt to walk on the carpets. Also, don’t go barefoot. Use indoor slippers or socks to ensure your assets stay clean and spot-free every time.
- Clean the spills and ward off the stains with a carpet cleaner immediately. Do not wait if you don’t want to end up with stubborn stains.
- Vacuum that flooring investment regularly.
- Keep pets away from carpets. Make sure when your kids are walking or sitting on the carpet, they don’t hold anything that can spoil the carpet.
- Do not place doormats on the carpet.
- Always spot clean your floor-covering through blotting. Do not try to rub the carpet fabric. Always use clean white pads or towels while dealing with stains. You can employ a soft and gentle carpet cleaning brush.
- Go for a professional carpet cleaning if you want your restore the look of your carpets.
- Don’t use harsh a detergent or carpet cleaner.
- Make sure you have a humidifier installed at your place.
Carpet Cleaning Methods
You can choose to self-clean your carpets or hire a professional. Generally, an expert will employ one of these five cleaning methods:
- Hot Water Extraction
- Dry Carpet Cleaning
- Bonnet Cleaning
Vacuum the carpet before removing stains with the following methods:
Baking Soda: For hard-to-remove stains, use a paste of sodium bicarbonate and warm water. Gently rub it on the stain and wash it with a moist piece of cloth. Vacuum any residue left to clean the carpet completely.
Detergent For Water-Based Ink: Water-based ink stains or grease can be easily removed with a detergent. Take a bowl of lukewarm water and add a tsp. of mild detergent. Dab the problematic area with this solution and wash off.