If you hate weekend house cleaning because it takes a lot of time and effort, we have come to your rescue. Homeowners out there! We recommend you to opt for a daily cleaning routine. Cleaning your place every day will save you the time you would generally utilize during the weekend while carrying out deep house cleaning. Plus, routinely cleaning will prevent you from doing less on the weekend. Well, you don’t have to spend hours cleaning your messy home; just half an hour a day can make your place tidy. Follow our given below checklist to make sure your place stays clean and beautiful every time.
Everyday Cleaning Routine Checklist
Cleaning The Bedroom And Living Room
- Dust your bedroom, corner tables, furniture shelves, dresser, and other hard surfaces.
- Make your bed. Straighten pillows, cushions, and fold blankets.
- Keep everything in their original place, including books, files, clothes, shoes, etc.
- Do a bit of laundry daily. Wash dirty clothes, bedsheets, etc. frequently.
Cleaning The Kitchen
- Dust electrical appliances you use every day, including coffee maker, oven, etc. Wipe the interior of appliances with a clean rag.
- Wash dirty dishes after every meal.
- Sanitize the kitchen after every use. Wipe the faucet with a dry cloth to get rid of water splashes and hard water stains.
- Fold and hang kitchen towels.
- Wipe kitchen countertop, gas stove and other food prep surfaces.
- Empty kitchen bin every day.
Cleaning The Bathroom
- Opt for a flush every time you use the toilet. Scrub and clean the toilet bowl daily. Also, wipe the exterior surfaces.
- Rinse the bathtub. Clean the bath toys.
- Wipe down the bathroom mirror, sinks, and faucets.
- Keep your bathroom accessories organized.
- Wipe the bathroom floor after every use.
Miscellaneous House Cleaning
- Follow a quick vacuuming routine for your entire house. You may or may not mop the floors as per your needs.
- Clean pet areas. Wash pet dishes after every use.
- Clean the gym equipment.
- Pick up clutter from your garden or yard such as fallen leaves or branches, pet waste, etc. Wipe indoor planters.
Weekly Cleaning Routine Checklist
If you follow everyday cleaning, weekly house cleaning won’t take much time as you have a home that is already clean. During weekends you have to:
- Clean your oven racks, dishwasher, or microwave interiors. Use a good oven cleaner for the interiors. Take out the racks and clean them in a big plastic garbage bag.
- Trim shrubs and trees. Also, clean up the garden beds.
- Scrub bathroom tiles and grouts with a good homemade cleaner.
- Sanitize garbage bins and sponges.
- Do pending laundry (if any).
- Clean your windows.
Everyday Cleaning Tips To Save Time
To make the most of your everyday cleaning routine, stick to these cleaning habits:
- Keep cleanup wipes in bathrooms handy to wipe down sinks and surfaces after every use.
- Hang the clothes you wore during the day or wash them while taking a bath.
- Clean your kitchen and cook meals simultaneously to save time.
- Keep shoes and pets away from carpets. If you have kids, do not give them anything to play that can stain your carpets.
- Keep a small garbage bin in every room.